We are looking to expand our team by recruiting a Web Applications Support Specialist based at our Newbury offices. With direct responsibility to the support and Implementation Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation, support and upgrades of our intranet / extranet solution to a number of our growing client base (currently over 150 customers). This is mainly done via remote connections but may also involve some on-site work, including post implementation support. Full training in the product set and related technologies will be given. The solution is built with a .NET front end and a SQL Server backend.
The role is very much in the applications / solutions roll-out arena and not infrastructure or networking implementation although knowledge in these areas would be distinct advantage. You will probably have worked, or be currently working in a web development role or come from a support related environment supporting networks, servers and users.
Previous knowledge gained working with SharePoint would be beneficial but not essential.
We are looking for an individual who possesses the following skills:
- Experience in a software development / application support / implementation, network support / administration or helpdesk support (2nd & 3rd line) role. You may come from a software engineering background and wish to further yourself in a more client facing type role.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server in a Windows Client Server environment, including SQL Scripting.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are essential as the role will involve dealing directly with end clients.
- Ability to expand your knowledge in your own time to further your career is important
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Be self-motivated and able to work equally well as part of a team or on your own initiative
Applications are welcomed from candidates that have experience of supporting external clients/customers within software, web/internet based solutions environment.