Packed full of features
Underneath our ready made applications sits our core platform.
The core platform is packed full of features to make sure your solution increases communication while delivering the tools to help make your community more productive.
Managing your content
Our product encourages people across your business to contribute content and share their knowledge.
- Centrally administered
- Devolved management of content
- Share socially created content
- Content managed through your browser
- No third party plugins required
Searching for information
Whether you’re searching across your solution or within individual applications, we help you locate content.
- Intelligent global search
- Alternative dictionary search suggestions
- Content tagging with keywords
- Directly search in each application
- Advanced search within documents
Keeping things relevant
We have designed our core product to deliver highly personalised, even targeted content, directly to your staff.
- Push content to individual groups
- Target people by department or skills
- Only see content you are allowed to access
- Group similar content together
- Suggest related information
Our comprehensive and robust security model helps you collaborate with those you want to, and blocks those you don’t.
- Automatic login with ActiveDirectory
- Optional internet banking style 3 stage login
- Advanced access control of individual content
- Password expiry and custom rules
- Configurable lock-out after failed attempts
Integrating with your business
While your solution will centralise communications between your departments it shouldn’t live in isolation. We can integrate with:
- Oracle databases
- IBM DB2 and Informix
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Access and Excel
- Any ODBC data source
Built into our product, the application development environment allows you to create brand new applications or even modify your existing ones.
- Drag and drop application layout
- Hooks into global search
- Maintains access control and security
- Pre-built common objects all ready to use
- No need to be a .NET programmer
Templates and pages
Our templates and pages help keep your user experience consistent while maintaining the flexibility to deliver compelling content.
- Pre-built publishing items
- Ready made QuickStart templates
- Quickly copy, change and deliver new page layouts
- Display content targeted to a specific audience
- Restrict template areas to specific content
Share news, comment on documents, rate stories. Social engagement is built right into the heart of our product.
- Control social features for each application
- Access controlled across the product
- Target content to relevant groups
- Display feeds from business social network accounts
- Capture knowledge with social tools
Build to modern WAI-ARIA accessibility standards
Assisted translation for a global audience
Designed and deployed in Microsoft .NET
Used by small teams and large multinationals
Supports replication of content across the globe
Server operating system
The SORCE product runs on Microsoft Windows Server®. It is compatible with the following versions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32 or 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32 or 64 bit)
SORCE is a database driven application running on Microsoft SQL Server®. It is compatible with the following versions:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (32 or 64 bit workgroup or above)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (32 or 64 bit workgroup or above)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (32 or 64 bit workgroup or above)
If your traffic is going outside your business network we also recommend using SSL.
To find out how your businesses productivity can be improved with our technology, book a personalised demonstration, or call us on + 44 (0) 1635 551777.